Wednesday, May 13, 2009

100 Things.

1. I'm German. My last name in German means cup. I am a cup.
2. I have never broken a bone.
3. I'm annoyingly organized.
4.
One of my favorite things to do is open all the windows on a warm day, turn the fan on high, cook sausage and potatoes and watch my favorite TV shows.
5. I believe God changes people, and God changes things. And that if you are grateful for everything from the sunshine to your favorite song on the radio, your world will transform.
6. My last name is pronounced beacher, not becker or betcher. Everyone calls me by my last name. It's weird but I'm OK with it.
7. My mom is the only person I know well that calls me Jessie.
8. I love going to Cardinals games, but haven't been to one for 2 years.
9. I don't like driving over bridges, it freaks me out and I usually speed over them.
10.
I trip. All the time. I don't even get embarrassed anymore. On campus, in the spot in Sophia's that I swear the floor is uneven, when I'm running. You name it, I'm always looking at something or someone instead of the ground. That's a good thing though right?
11.
My favorite episode of FRIENDS is Season 2 Episode 14. "See...he's her lobster!"
12.
My grandma works for Nascar and likes to buy me Coach purses. She's pretty much the coolest grandma ever.
13. I love my hair short, sometimes I miss it being long, but I really love it short.
14. I trust God is working on the man's heart I'll eventually be with. I long for the day I can be with someone again, being single breaks you down and builds you up all at once. I miss the happiness loving a man brings, but being forced to be patient is probably a good thing.
15. I love road trips. Flying makes me nervous but I'm not afraid of it.
16. I'm 5'4" and weigh 98 lbs. I've never worried about my weight, people accuse me of eating disorders all the time. I don't know why but it typically doesn't offend me. I just explain it's genetic, because it is!
17. Is my cousin's wedding anniversary and brother's birthday in May.
18. I often wish I had a bigger family. I want to have a big family when I'm older.
19. I love getting my nails painted and pedicures.
20. I've never had a massage. I want to get one.
21. Sometimes I don't think I am cut out for marriage. I can't see myself as a mother or a wife. I hope I will be both but it wouldn't be shocking or devastating to me if I'm still on my own in 20 years.
22. Is how old I am right now.
23. I love pickles.
24. My favorite chips are sea salt & vinegar.
25. I love country concerts. I haven't been to one in a very long time.
26. I now have 2 bachelors degrees in Journalism and English.
27. I am a bartender/server and proud to be both.
28. I love living alone.
29. I worry too much about what people think of me.
30. I hate taking birth-control. I've taken it since 8th grade and I hate it.
31. I love roller coasters, my favorite is one I went on with my dad at Universal Studios.
32. My heart stopped while my mom was in labor and they had to do an emergency c-section
33. I love my blue cotton robe.
34. I think the name Isadora for a little girl is beautiful.
35. I will name my baby boy Austin, it's my favorite name.
36. I do not like my handwriting.
37. I have my daddy's eyes.
38. I would wear flip flops everyday if I could.
39. It drives me absolutely NUTS when people don't use their turn signals.
40. I can't stand when guys say "woman" a certain way. You know what way I'm talking about.
41. I am the oldest child.
42. I had a mohawk when I was a baby.
43. I love every Keith Urban song I've ever heard.
44. My brother nick is the funniest person I know.
45. I have 63 pairs of shoes in my closet.
46. The first concert I went to was Britney Spears at Six Flags
47. I think Columbia has been the best three years of my life thus far; I love this town.
48. I came to college and my first and only pet, a goldfish named Elinor, got swallowed by my coworker, Jake.
49. My mom is a really talented home decorator.
50. I am not very patient. In fact I can be quite bossy and demanding.
51. I didn't text until this past Christmas even though my dad is a 30+ year employee at ATT. My parents despise texting.
52. I was captain of my HS cheerleading sqaud, editor-in-chief of the yearbook and a class officer.
53. I hate taking pictures - the Facebook photo frenzy drives me absolutely insane.
54. It's a goal of mine to wake up earlier so my days are longer and fuller.
55. My great-grandma died of Alzheimer's and I worry about it taking my grandma and dad all the time.
56. I'd like to run a marathon.
57. I don't sleep a lot but I'm rarely tired.
58. I love SUMMER - the sun, the flowers and the freedom it brings. I hate winter and I want to move south, even though Missouri isn't
that bad.
59. My parents thought I was going to be a boy when I was born, my name would have been Adam. Adam is now my brother's middle name.
60. The Cardinals were playing in the World Series the day I was born and my dad made them turn the radio on in the delivery room.
61. I lived five minutes from two of my now best friends growing up and we never knew each other until college.
62. I consider deleting Facebook almost every day. I think it's created an entire generation of people who don't know how to connect without it and it's pathetic.
63. I have a birthmark on my right hand that people always see and tell me I have chocolate on my hand.
64. I have a scar on my eye from when I had the chicken pox.
65. I played the piano for 12 years. I won several trophies from music competitions. The last song I ever played on the piano was 100 years by Five for Fighting.
66. I hardly ever cry.
67. I am a Leo, peridot is my birthstone and I love it.
68. My kitchen table is the same one I had growing up at home that my dad painted for me to match my apartment.
69. One of my favorite places in Missouri is Hermann. It's gorgeous and has wineries.
70. I listen to my I-pod while I grocery shop.
71. If I could trade personalities with anyone it would be my best friend Stacey. I think she's one of the happiest, most loving girls I know.
72. My favorite snack is Wheat Thins with whipped cream cheese.
73. My favorite job was tutoring DaMarcus with Jumpstart.
74. I played the harp for 6 months.
75. I'm no movie buff. I'm not good at trivia especially movie trivia.
76. I watch Sex & The City on repeat almost every night before I go to bed.
77. I've never been out of the country.
78. I've never tried a cigarette or smoked anything for that matter. It has absolutely never been appealing to me.
79. I don't like guns, knives, or weapons.
80. I drink sweet tea like water.
81. I am constantly putting on lip gloss.
82. I love listening to thunder and watching lightening.
83. I'm an avid list maker.
84. I never had a fake ID. I've never given my ID to anyone to use either.
85. My favorite place in Columbia is the park where Devil's Ice Box is.
86. I love suspenseful movies that you have to figure out.
87. I have several nicknames, but Tiny Dancer is probably the most popular. I love to dance, and I'm positively a terrible dancer.
88. I get goosebumps when I'm hot.
89. Every guy I've been with has had something about him that made me know right away I could never marry him.
90. I can't sleep with socks on. My mom had to cut the feet out of my baby pajamas because my feet are always on fire.
91. Misspelled signs, menus or any other misspellings, drive me crazy. But I know I'm often guilty of spelling errors!
92. I like the color purple, but I don't have a favorite color.
93.
I love three- to six-year-olds; I've never found one that doesn't make me smile.
94.
I read, read, read. My new favorite magazine is Mother Jones. The Shack changed me. One of my all-time favorite books is The Friday Night Knitting Club.
95. Sundays are my favorite.
96.
The most influential person in my life is my Dad. He is a hero, my hero, in every sense of that word.
97.
I love to clean. I can't leave my apartment without my bed being made or picking up the dirty laundry on the floor. The smell of clean linen sets my mind at ease.
98.
I sometimes eat sugar ... just straight sugar.
99.
Every day I make time to run 2-4 miles.
100.
I am obsessed with quotes. It's not that I live by them or think others should. I just think it's important for you to know that someone else out there, at one point, felt exactly as you do right now.

0 comments: